eKO® Yoga Mat 5mm
- Standard: 3.2kg; 180cm x 61cm; 5mm thick
- Long: 3.6kg; 200cm x 61 cm; 5mm thick
- Developed by yoga teachers over 4 years
- Most durable natural rubber yoga mat on the market
- Made with a unique closed-cell top surface which prevents moisture from entering the mat, keeping it clean and in good condition longer than other natural rubber mats
- Catch-Grip technology provides the perfect balance of grip and drag which allows you to flow effortlessly between poses
- Made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber with non-toxic foaming agents and non-AZO dyes. Polyester scrim in the middle keeps the mat from stretching.
- Due to their biodegradable nature, the eKO® Series is not recommended for a daily vigorous practice
- Usage of the eKO® Series in a hot environment requires regular care to maintain the performance of the rubber
- 99% Latex-free. Not recommended for those with Latex sensitivities
- No PVC
- No harmful plasticizers
- Pro Tip: Natural rubber provides a semi-sticky grip, but since it won't absorb sweat, we always recommend pairing your practice with our eQua® hand towels or yogitoes® hand towels (read our Guide to Yoga Towels) to absorb moisture and increase grip or improve your grip with our Yoga Grip Gel
- DO NOT put the eKO® Series in the washing machine, as it will damage the mat and increase the breakdown of the rubber mat
- DO NOT soak or submerge the eKO® Series in water
- DO NOT use the salt method on the eKO® Series
- Usage of the eKO® Series in a hot environment can dry out the rubber and thus loose performance and reduce flexibility of the material. If used in hot areas, ensure to use the Natural Rubber Yoga Mat Restore more regularly to maintain performance
- Always ensure your mat and the floor are completely dry before placing your mat on the floor. A wet mat or wet floor can cause color transfer and staining to the floor
The eKO® 5mm natural rubber yoga mat provides a naturally grippy surface. Eco-friendly and made of natural materials, this non-Amazon harvested tree rubber yoga mat firmly supports both your practice and our planet.
Select colors available in a longer length.
|180cm x 61cm
|200cm x 61cm
All eKO® Series yoga mats have a closed-cell surface, which will never absorb moisture. Because of this, if you are warm/sweaty at all, the mat will feel slippery, so we always recommend pairing it with one of our hand towels to absorb moisture and provide extra traction or to apply our Yoga Grip Gel during your practice. If you're practicing hot yoga, we recommend a mat towel for full mat coverage. For towel guidance read our Guide to Yoga Towels and check out this blog post for more tips to decrease slip and increase grip.
The marbled and striped colors are hand-processed and have unique patterns. We can't guarantee the yoga mat will match the image exactly.
99% Latex-free. Not recommended for those with Latex sensitivities.
Crafted in Taiwan from natural tree rubber.
For daily refresh: Keep your eKO® mat smelling fresh and clean by wiping it down after every practice with Manduka's Mat Wash & Refresh. Use a clean cloth to wipe the mat dry before rolling or using.
For monthly restore: Maintain the performance of your eKO® mat by applying Manduka's Natural Rubber Yoga Mat Restore once a month. Allow the cleaner to sit for 5 minutes and then use a clean cloth to gently wipe the mat dry before rolling or using.
For thorough clean: Use Manduka's Botanical Mat Cleaner.
For further mat care guidance, check out our Mat Care Guide.
To store: Do not leave the mat exposed to direct sunlight. If wet, allow the mat to dry before rolling up. For best performance, when not in use, keep the eKO® Series rolled and in a bag or cover, as prolonged air and sun exposure can damage the rubber on the mat.
The eKO® yoga mat provides a naturally grippy surface. Catch-Grip technology provides the perfect balance of grip and drag which allows you to flow effortlessly between poses.
Sustainably made from the rubber tree, Hevea Brasiliensis.
Natural rubber is a renewable resource and is harvested responsibly from farm to production. Each rubber tree regenerates and continues to produce for approximately 30-35 years.
The eKO® series is the most durable natural rubber mat on the market.
It contains a proprietary surface texture that lasts 2x as long as the competition.
High-density closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the mat, making post-class clean up a breeze.
Pro Tip: To restore your rubber mat, use our Natural Rubber Yoga Mat Restore.
I love the natural rubber feel of the Eko – it gives me the perfect amount of grip and cushion to support me through my practice. Even more, I love the feeling of being connected to the Earth knowing that the mat I practice on is a natural material and sustainably made. I've practiced with the same Eko mat for 3 years, it has become one of the most sacred items I own!
Michelle Chakirelis, Yoga Teacher
I love my Eko mat so much, it’s extra length makes my practice feel that much more spacious. It’s perfectly grippy and literally a pleasure to practice on. Easily my favorite mat.
Olivia Otten, Yoga Teacher
Products with PurposeDesigned by yogis and loved by teachers, our design approach is rooted in principles of conservancy — creating responsibly sourced products while minimising environmental waste.your journey starts here
Roll it ForwardManduka supports community projects and organisations who believe in empowering people through giving the gift of yoga to improve communities worldwide.Give Back
Strengthen the CommunityFrom yoga teachers to studios, we offer different programs that are designed to empower, encourage and support everyone through their roles and careers as yoga professionals.Partner With Us